IRAN WAR UPDATES: Trump says U.S. in no rush to make deal
· Toronto Sun

A day after reports that a deal that would end the three-month-long war in the Middle East was emerging, U.S. President Donald Trump said the U.S. will not “rush into a deal” with Iran.
Visit mchezo.co.za for more information.
In a post on Truth Social Sunday morning, Trump wrote, “The negotiations are proceeding in an orderly and constructive manner, and I have informed my representatives not to rush into a deal in that time is on our side,” adding that the U.S. blockade of Iranian ports will “remain in full force and effect until an agreement is reached, certified, and signed.”
He reiterated that Iran must understand “that they cannot develop or procure a Nuclear Weapon or Bomb.”
Trump’s post followed his announcement Saturday that a deal with Iran to extend a ceasefire and reopen the Strait of Hormuz had been “largely negotiated.”
Senior U.S. officials told reporters during a separate briefing that no deal will be signed Sunday as the two sides negotiate on the precise language on key issues including the immediate reopening of the Strait of Hormuz.
It may take several days for both sides to get final approval, they added.
Shipping traffic along the Strait of Hormuz has largely been halted since the start of the Middle East conflict, resulting in soaring fuel prices as roughly a fifth of the world’s oil supply had passed through the critical maritime chokepoint before the conflict began in late February.
Here is the latest news on the Iran war on Sunday:
Details of the proposed U.S.-Iran deal
According to an Axios report, the memorandum of understanding that the U.S. and Iran are close to signing would extend the ceasefire by 60 days, which could be extended if mutually agreed upon.
During the ceasefire, the Strait of Hormuz would be reopened without tolls, and the U.S. would lift its blockade on Iranian ports and allow Iran to “sell its oil freely,” Axios reported.
The draft MOU included commitments from Iran to not pursue a nuclear weapon and to enter into negotiations on giving up its stockpile of highly enriched uranium while pausing any new enrichment, a U.S. official told Axios.
The New York Times also reported that Iran had agreed to give up its stockpile of highly enriched uranium, citing two anonymous U.S. officials.
The draft MOU also specified that the conflict in Lebanon between Israel and the Iran-backed militant group Hezbollah would end.
Iran denies giving up any enriched uranium: Report
A senior Iranian source told Reuters Sunday that Tehran has denied agreeing to give up any enriched uranium in a preliminary ceasefire deal.
The source said the nuclear issue is not part of the preliminary agreement.
Iran’s nuclear program is a central sticking point of talks, including its insistence that it isn’t seeking a nuclear weapon.
Netanyahu comments on emerging U.S.-Iran deal
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu responded Sunday to reports of an emerging U.S.-Iran agreement to end the war, stating that “Iran will not have nuclear weapons.”
In a post on X , Netanyahu said,”President Trump and I agreed that any final agreement with Iran must eliminate the nuclear danger. That means dismantling Iran’s nuclear enrichment sites and removing its enriched nuclear material from its territory.
“President Trump also reaffirmed Israel’s right to defend itself against threats on every front, including Lebanon,” he added.
— with files from Bloomberg News